Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! There are so many fun things you can create with the August stamp of the month, "What A Hoot". It is so cute and perfect for doing paper piecing... I will show you below. If you have come here from Donna Digby's Blog, you are on the right path!
As I mentioned, I had so much fun paper piecing with this stamp set. Being a line design set, you could easily color the owl in, or you could paper piece with different patterns of B&TP. I did this with the Owl and the Pumkin... see what I mean.
- Scaredy Cat papers- for the paper piecing on the owl
- Chalk It Up papers - Our new school themed kit; I used the paper with the stars.
- Sunset Washi Tape- our new 1" wide Chevron Washi Tape... Love it!
- Black Enamel Stars - these come from the new Scaredy Cat Assortment
- Shin-Han Markers - I used the Marigold color for the "Owloween"
- and the THIN 3-D FoamTape- I used this behind the owls face
In this picture I wanted to give you a close up view of the paper piecing and the pop that the thin 3-D Foam Tape gives. To add a bit of pizazz to the card, I finished it off with some outlining using the journaling pen. Easy Peasy!
Now "Hop" on over to Terry Ann Diak's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the August SOTM is only available until August 31st!